Friday, May 28, 2010

Vesak Day 2010

Sorry if you hear this so many times but I just can't stop complaining about the weather!!! It's HOT, VERY HOT and MEGA HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just came back after a long day out with my family and I felt satisfied and yet my heart hurts a little. That's because I think today is the first time I spent almost $300 on clothes alone! I will talk about that later. Meanwhile, here's what I have done today...

First a picture of ME!

We went to Joo Chiat for breakfast and a short praying trip to one of the GuanYin Temple. Sis and Melvin had FeiFei Wonton Mee while Mum, Bro and I had a very old-school Prawn Mee. Not too bad and they only served the noodles in soup.



On our way to the temple: Look how crowded it is! Lots of students asking for donations and people flocking all the way to this temple to take part in some praying session. Very crowded indeed and it was so hot that we started perspiring the minute we stepped into the temple.




After that we went to Ngee Ann City for shopping. Well the shopping trip started with a voucher that Sis had gotten fro her birthday. She is a G2000 member and so on the member's birthday month, she will receive a voucher that allows her to shop for items at 50% discount and the expenditure can go up to a maximum of $500! It's good deal don't you agree? So, she gathered Melvin, Bro and me to shop at G2000 together so we can use the voucher at one go. With my teaching practice coming up, it's time to stock up on my working clothes! The trying session went like this: pick, try, get a new piece! I'm not sure what went to me but I totally missed the most important step: check the price!!!!!

When I realised that, it was too late. Mum and sis cajoled me to buy all because the discounted price made the clothes worthy to buy. That was the longest receipt I have ever seen. Together, we spent a total of $489. $289 came from me!!!! Crazy right? But the clothes are so comfortable and fit so well, very hard to reject!What a long receipt!

This pile belongs to me: 2 spaghetti tops, 1 cardigan, 3 dresses, 1 working shorts, 3 working pants!

Is this the first day of Great Singapore Sales or what? There are so many sales going on! Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Kate Spade, Gucci, Coach and many more! These big brands are having sale! *hyperventilate* Take for example, Kate Spade's sale was 30-50%! Almost did something impulsive again! I saw my dream bag (I mean the design) from LV and I vow I will get IT one day!

Then we headed to VivoCity to continue our shopping session. One word: CROWDED! SALE SALE here and there! Myphosis is packed like a can of sardine!

Oh and there is this fashion design display of mannequins in different types of clothes.

What does this reminds you of? Dracula's wife! hahaha...

We went to T2 staff canteen for dinner again and guess what? Uncle 5 is there with his family. Then, mum asked Uncle 6 to join and he did.

After that, we went to Uncle 2's house. He just came back from Beijing and he bought so many things. According to him, there's so much to buy (funny becos he kept saying he won't spend alot before the trip but ended up buying so much)! Fake branded bags, shoes, coat and all those winter clothings are on sale. And there's cheap clothes, painting, pearl cream, snacks... He bought me a dress too!
Not bad actually though I find it a little too tight at the top. Very nice of them anyway!

It was a well-spent Vesak Day and I really enjoyed myself! May everyone 平平安安 ok!

No comments: