Thursday, May 27, 2010

Peanut Butter and White Chocolate "Blondie" with Missy KT

What a fun and successful baking session! I kept mentioning this on my twitter that I wanted to bake something the next day. But the problem is, I kept delaying it due to this terrible+horrible weather! I'm melting at the moment!!!

Anyway, I invited my dear KT over to my house for a baking session since she said she wanted to learn. Honestly, I can cook well but not baking. Though I'm proud to say that whatever I bake, it's always successful at the first try but I still think there is always room for improvement.

Before we started on our mission, Missy KT had to first find her way to my place. It's not very complicated if she followed my directions but apparently she said that I sent her too many SMS so it was quite hard for her to follow the direction. But it did not take her too long to reach my house!

My Mum, being so friendly all of a sudden, cooked lunch for us. I think KT enjoyed it.

After lunch, it's time for baking! I chose the Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Blondies because I watched a tv show called Rachel Allen's Bake on Discovery Travel and Living and I noticed how easy it is to bake those. Personally, I'm not a brownie lover thus I wanted to try because I know Des like peanut butter (see i'm so nice). The recipe and instructions are pretty simple. You may refer to them at the end of the post.

As you can see, the recipe was very sloppily written down on the back of an envelope, the best that I can find at that point of time.

Arranging the ingredients


KT cutting the butter

Scooping peanut butter to cream with butter. Sounds confusing but super easy to do. Just have to keep mixing.

I let KT do the job while I took photographs

You should get this creamy.

Cadbury white chocolates to be chopped


Put the chopped chocolates into the creamy mixture.

Add in sugar.

Crack an egg.

1teaspoon of vanilla essence

Flour: I don't have a weight balance so I have no idea how much is 125g exactly. So I roughly gauged.

Sieve in flour.

1 teaspoon of baking powder

Mix the previously done mixture with the sieved flour.

Mix well


Fill the containers.

Smooth the top

Bake it.

While waiting, I took a photograph of KT. We were busy chatting, totally forgetting about our blondie. It was until we smelt the fragrance of peanut butter then KT reminded me about it!

Tadaaaaaaaa! Not bad huh?

Can't wait to try our masterpiece!




Well, the "blondies" did not look that blond afterall as we used a darker coloured sugar and peanut butter (unlike those seen in the video at the end of the post) but we were so proud of the final products as they tasted really good. Anyone who loves peanut butter will definitely like it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 125g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 100g butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
  • 150g crunchy peanut butter
  • 175g light brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 75g white chocolate, chopped

Method


1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Butter the sides of a 20 x 20cm square cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.

2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.

3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix to form a dough.

4. Place the dough into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.

5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into squares.


Still find it hard to understand? Watch this before you try!

No comments: