Saturday, May 22, 2010

21 May 2010 The Day I Will Never Forget

You know how people like to say "a moment of joy, a memory of lifetime"? I truly agree. Yesterday was definitely a memorable day for me.

It was:
  • the "last" day of school where I will never see my classmates again for the next two to three months,
  • the final day of my 2-weeks course where I was grateful for having such fun and interesting group members to work with,
  • the day I was really motivated and in awe of how we, teachers, are capable of producing such fine and professional products,
  • the day where I finally took photographs with Kalpana, the friend that keeps me company in school,
  • the day where I finally get to meet my ex-colleagues at RH after one long year,
  • the day where I finally get to meet Junting and Huiru at Changi Airport T3 after promising for a gathering for sooooo long.
Yes, and all these things happened within 24 hours.


1. Last day of school and Digital Newsletter course
So, the day started with me entering my class and seeing so many smiley faces. It was the final day of the course and there was no expectation for the day other than getting back our review on how well we did overall for this English course. Music was being played and we can tell that everyone was all so glad that the 2-weeks course was finally over. Yay!
I received my feedback from Ms Xavier, my tutor, and she did highlight that I need to speak clearly and be careful of the tenses used when I am communicating. Well, it's not that I am not aware of that. In fact, I do feel a little conscious when I am speaking this language. Anyway, I would say that I did improve since I don't speak this language at home and I will continue to practise hard. Practise makes perfect right?

"What did you do during these two weeks," you may ask. Well, I learned how to create a digital newsletter intended for school using a blog system. I would love to have you visiting my blog but sad to say, it is password-protected. So all I can do is to show you some screenshots. It was not the best of the lot but I am amazed at how well the product looked given the short amount of time to prepare it. Here's some pictures of my hard work!

The title of the newsletter is called Sports Illustrated.

The Principal's Message

Editorial Page

Movie review

Latest happenings in school

Here's Ms Xavier and my group members, Matthew and Justin . I must thank them for their constant help and entertainment! They made the two-weeks camp interesting and I would like to work with them again!

The girls getting themselves ready for pictures.

Class photo


Then, we headed to another LT for our CELS Closing Ceremony and Showcase where the best products from different categories will show their work to the cohort and VIPs. The CELS programme is divided into three categories: digital newsletter, online storytelling and online journalism. I must say that the diploma representatives from online storytelling and online journalism did such a good job that they simply blew the us away (including the VIPs). You wouldn't tell that they were the ones doing it because the video clips are so professional. The one on storytelling was so impressive and meaningful and I'm sure it would win some awards for featured film if she decides to submit for competition. I will show you once the winner shares the file with me.
Meanwhile, here's the video clip done by the winner of online journalism which is on how child is being valued as a protagonist of their learning.

Beth and Sheila, I'm so proud of you two!



Not to forget my dear Kalpana. Have I mentioned to you about Kalpana? She is sort of like my buddy in school. We sat together during lectures, had lunch together and shared information together. She came from the same contract school as me and honestly, I don't know her well enough. But one thing that I am sure, she's a darling! Yes, a sweet girl to be with. She's super friendly, nice to chat with and loves makeup, manicures and pedicures just like me! Just when I got to know her better, she told me that she will be moving to Choa Chu Kang this coming October. How sad it is! But nonetheless, she is a friend that is worth keeping and I will still meet her during the holidays.





2. Visit to RH
I really look forward to this day for so long but I just can't find time. I miss them all. Lousia, Supeng, Yimin, Peijie, Willie, Junting, Mr Seow, Guoxiang but definitely not C and W. Those two people just irk me. Anyway, with the departure of Yimin and Junting, the RH family does feel a little incomplete and it's so hard to see them again. Yimin, my dear sister and confidante at work, is so busy with motherhood. I understand that but I really hope to see you soon.

It's so good to be back. Louisa, like her usual self, was asking me about my work life, love life and it just brought back the familiarity of working with such fun people. I must admit that this mother of two is leading a good life. She does not have to take care of her children and can do the things she likes! Envious? And she does not look like the mother of two too! I'll always remember those words "女人不怕入错行,只怕嫁错郎."
Supeng, who I always gossiped with, reminded me of those days where we bitched about some hateful "people". Yes, I hate the workload but I miss the laughters that we share together.
I really miss you all and thanks for the wonderful time spent with you which I'll never forget!

From left to right: Supeng, Me, Peijie and Louisa (that skinny mama)

Oh, Willie! The "boss" that I constantly joked with. No air no "haolian" antics. Just someone who was constantly irritated by my lame jokes and complaints.

From left to right: Linda, Maria, me and Willie



My dear Guoxiang! He has not changed at all, still an eagle constantly keeping a lookout for the next "prey". LOL. He asked me if I was pregnant! Damn him! And he told me how his 'gf' looks like Hui Ge (yes that comedian). Go figure out yourself!

And last but not least, Mr Seow. My boss who looks like 蜡皮小星! His bushy brows and blushing cheeks never fail to make me wonder if he always looks so happy. Unlike the other boss who is always so shy whenever he sees me. Haiz.It was such a coincidence that the day I went to happened to have a blood donation drive and the lab was the one responsible for its operation. Since there are alot of bottles left behind (free gift for donating blood), I took one too!


3. Meetup with Junting, Huiru and Yanshan
Other than Shan Shan, the three of us all work in the same field. We are dedicators to the industry. LOL! We had an enjoyable night sharing stories of work and I must admit that it is so nice to meet up once in a long while.

We met at T3, my favourite place. Junting is still the same, but with his new tooth and better dressing! Ahah! We went to Dian Xiao Er for dinner and I forgot to take some pictures to show you! We were later joined by Yanshan who shared with us so much gossips on that fellow Mr Act Cool of RH. Yes, the one that I disliked and tried to avoid during my 1-year life there.
So sorry that I had to leave early but I shall meet you guys again!


The happy uncle JT! You know what you are up to that day!



Beautiful T3. I love T3 so much that I tried finding work there before I joined teaching or lab!

Huiru and JT


Yanshan and Huiru and I.


Uncle JT just bent down right behind us when we said we wanted to take a photo. See our reluctant faces!

No comments: