Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Food food food

I feel so reluctant to post this. I know my relatives are going to laugh at me when they see this post! They must be thinking, "Wah, eat so much! No wonder nowadays look so fat!" But, I still want to show you all what my family and mostly I cooked recently.

Dinner at Sis's house

Sis cooked this ginger chicken with an added hint of Hua Tiao Wine! So addictive that I ate so much of it!

Fried promfrets that took ages to fry!

Stir fried Baby Bai Cai by me!

Crispy Fried Prawns! My mum's secret recipe


Soup Restaurant challenge

This is super overdue. I cooked these dishes for the lucky fellow because of a dinner at Soup Restaurant which I told him that I can cook the same dishes that SR charges so high. Tofu prawns was the one that I really want to challenge (refer to this if you want to know what we ate at SR). Indeed, I can and according to that lucky fellow and Mum and bro, it's pretty good! wahahaha




I am sooooo proud of myself! This chicken is my mother's recipe and I chopped the whole chicken all by myself! I basically cooked the chicken like the hainanese chicken rice style and then rubbed sesame oil and salt to it. Then I chopped and topped it with fried garlic and soya sauce! Really tasty and easy to prepare!

Tofu prawns but without the prawns. I cooked a chili crab sauce.

Instead of cooking the sambal potato leaves, I cooked baby caixin with freshly fried shallots to garnish



Dinner at Home 25May2010

Remember I mentioned in the previous post about shopping for seafood at the market? Yeah, those ingredients will be featured here. Mum whipped up a sumptuous meal which the three of us finished up evey single morsel of it! Super yummilicious!


Chicken soup with fish maw and two kinds of hand-made fishballs which I bought from the Pipit Rd market. The soup is so rich that it turned cloudy.

The fish balls with minced pork in it.

Fish maw!

How can I forget the chili!!!!

Super crispy Kuneng Batu. Similar to Kuneng fish (those found in nasi lemak but slightly meatier and bigger)

Batu, you have made a worthy cause! To satisfy the tastebuds of fat people.

Steamed flower crabs, see how fresh it is! Alot of roe too.

Close-up to make you salivate hahahaha

So much meat!

It's so fresh that the meat can be extracted and yet remained as one single piece!

Bet you must be real hungry now, I'm so sorry but I'm one lucky fat girl! haha

No comments: