Saturday, December 3, 2011

The People Who Accompanied Through Semester 1

This blog is dedicated to a group of IMPORTANT people who has not only accompanied through the first semester of school but also will be accompanying me in the next one and a half year. They are none other than my NIE mates.

If you have been following me on twitter or facebook, you would have known that I have broken my own record of having 100% attendance this semester! Yes, it means that I have not missed any lesson at all and I was surprised when I found out too. If you know me well, I fall sick easily and even if I don't, the slightest tireness would have already encouraged me to take a MC and skip school. BUT, I didn't!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

On days where I was sick, I refused to miss school and I must credit those friends for that change of attitude in me. They are not only smart but great company! I actually looked forward to school because I can get to see them and crap non stop.

Furthermore, we had so many excursion trips this semester and that together with the projects that we were involved in just brought us closer. We went for forest walks, morning strolls at Botanic Gardens, beach seining at Changi, plant lesson at Seletar and MacRitchie Reservoir and also walking in deep muddy swamps at Sungei Buloh! It was sooooo much fun!

I finally got a taste of university life where I have a group of friends that I can confide in and the feeling is just wonderful!!!!!!!!


The many science excursion trips that we have...

1. Mount Faber: To recce the place for our plant project

That's Wanjo in orange (a plant expert haha), Zongbing (the only guy in our clique with good advice) and Chen Yang (a very nice and helpful girl)...


Hard at work!


2. Alexander Forest Walk: To begin working on our plant project by taking pictures of the plants and noting their characteristics

Christine is the one in blue (a very experienced lady)

With so many talents in the group, how can we not do well? haha
We are the A team!


3. MacRitchie Reservoir: To learn about primary and secondary forests

That's my professor in blue!



4. Singapore Botanic Gardens: This became a place that we frequented for plant lessons

Then, Shi Hui joined our group...

Proof that we were learning something...


5. Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve: To learn about the mangrove ecosystem

We had to get down and dirty! Super muddy...

See! The entire feet were submerged in the mud!

It was not easy to walk and there were so many moquitoes.




6. Botanic Gardens: went back for more learning

 Can you spot the frogs mating? The male frog fertilised the eggs externally! The brown thing is actually a foam bag where the eggs are.


It was not just work and no fun. We even went out for movie and lunch before returning to school for a late afternoon class.


Had pasta at Ambush

We caught Paranomic Activity 3 and the whole time Chen Yang was sighing whenever the footage of the video cam came up! LOL


7. Selegie Reservoir: To learn about Primary forest

We walked along a secluded path which led to a primary forest. It really felt like we were in the show "Survivor"! To know whether a place is really secluded or not, you can judge based on the number of moquitoes! hahahaha...

A monkey spying on us!
  
Look at the background!



8. Raffles Museum of Biodiversity: To learn about the diversity of life

The last excursion of the year! All the animal exhibits are real!


Huge clam!


Gigantic garoupa!

Corals



9. KBOX and High Tea @ Goodwood Park Hotel: To celebrate the end of the semester and my birthday!

We went to the Kbox at Scape and the room was so small for the five of us. Would have been better if we went to Teo Heng instead.



Then, we walked over to Goodwood Park Hotel for high tea!


This high tea was different what I had before with my sis and mum. It was next to the hotel lobby and the spread was not as wide. They were mostly sandwiches, snacks and pastries. Even though you can choose two drinks, I don't think it is worth the $50 that we paid.

Nothing fantastic... Honestly, I thought I could have gotten more from Subway haha.


These are the only hot food or I would say deep fried frozen food that we could have done it ourselves at home.


Creme brulee
I did not try this but according to my friends, it was very sweet. I tried the bread pudding instead and when I took a mouthful of it, I almost fainted! Soooooooo milky! Tasted like milk powder! Yucks!

I had sencha which was basically green tea with a sweet aftertaste

The $50 food that I had LOL

This pic is hilarious! Before we took this pic, we asked a man who was having a smoke outside the hote to help them take a pic (which is the pic before this). It was quite blurry and we saw him struggling with my camera while holding on to his cigarette. So, we decided to get another person to help us take a pic and we saw a chef standing outside a restaurant. He was a caucasian, most probably an Italian because the restaurant was an Italian one. He was very willing and asked us if we wanted to take a pic with him jokingly. That was when we saw the blue poster at the back and he was a celebrity chef. After we had the pic taken, he asked me to show him the pic and we saw the restaurant manager photobombed us! Very mischevous indeed! But they were nice people!

Anyway, this marks the end of the post. Hopefully in next June, I'll be able to do up a post like this. :)

No comments: