Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Outing of the Year (Titanic Museum @ Art Science Museum)

Des and I decided to visit a museum before our HK trip and the start of my semester. We were contemplating either the Titanic exhibition or Dinosaur Live at Science Centre. But after reading about the Titanic exhibition from KT's blog where she highly reccommended it, we set off to Marina Bay Sands! Well, it was a good decision made!


What a sunny day it was!


The last time I went MBS, one section was closed. Now, the shops are opened and there are 7-eleven, Ferrari store and Gong Cha.



In my striking orange top and new flats!


A painted elephant by some famous artist




Art Science Museum (definitely better than the Maritime Museum @ RWS)



A lotus pond!
The weather was perfect for photography although we couldn't really open our eyes!



Photography was not allowed in the museum but we honestly find the exhibition very entertaining. It was both interactive and informative as we get to understand more about the history of Titanic and see the artefacts that were retrieved from the seabed 70 over years after the sinking.

Oh, we were each given a boaring pass with details of the passenger. Approaching the end of the exhibition, there will be a board where you can find out if the passengers survived the sinking. Mine did probably since females were allowed to board the safety boats first. Not so lucky for des's passenger who died.


Anyway, today is the last day of year 2011 and I have to say I am very grateful for a meaningful year that I have. All I wish for 2012 is to maintain what I have in my life now and most improtantly, less sickness so I can save more $.

Here wishing everyone a good year ahead!

No comments: