Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hello Ah Bui!

Sleepy lazy me… One thing or the only thing I hate about holidays is that you have so much time to spend that you tend to become slow and lazy. For example, I could easily wake up at 6.10am every day before the start of holiday but now? I will snooze, snooze someone and eventually switch off the alarm and continue sleeping till 9 plus. Scary! But I suppose I am still a considerate lazy bum because I make the effort to turn off the alarm so as not to wake my brother up.
You might say it’s ok for me to sleep because after all, this is the only period that I can have enough rest before a new semester starts but the truth is, I actually did not follow the promise I made. I promised that I would put my holiday to good use and begin my exercise regime and 2 weeks have passed and yet, I have not done anything. L
Before I go into that, maybe I will share the story of my fluctuating exponential weight gain with you guys.
I have gained a lot of weight during the past three years. I used to be a “skeleton” with a huge skull (LOL) at 48kg and then my days at NIE started and it became so comfortable with des picking me up from school and bringing me out for sinful yet delicious meals ever so often that my weight remained stagnant at 51kg.
It got worse when I went to China for my year-end trip and I just had to blame it on the weather and food. First, the weather was so cold that I felt hungry every now and then. Almost all our meals were taken care of and all we had to do during the trip was to visit some attractions, eat, board the bus, sleep through the long hours of travelling and the reach the place, eat and again sleep! How can I not grow fat?! Just that trip alone, I gained a good 2 kilos!!! Well, it didn’t help that each meal involved 7-10 dishes and food was incredibly cheap and yummy in China! Haiz…

Speaking of which, here's a pic of me in China... So fat till my face can't fit the frame! LOL
 Can't believe I will say this but I LIKE CHINA! I wanna go there this year... WHY DID I CHOOSE HONGKONG!

Anyway, I wasn’t upset or anything when I saw the weight gain. In fact, I thought I looked better and more proportional then. I checked my BMI and it was in the healthy normal range. I was quite happy with the newfound curves but it also means that I got to buy new pants and jeans because I could no longer fit into size 36. Nothing much happened during that period. My weight remained at 53-54kg and probably no, it must have been the lack of exercise and all that genes from my mum, I noticed that I had quite a bit of cellulite which is why I try not to wear short skirts or shorts.
Everything was fine until my sis got pregnant. While she put on weight slowly (even reached one point at which the doctor was so worried about whether Baby Lucas was indeed gaining nutrition in my sis’s tummy), I put on weight at a much faster rate. My waist became rounder and my bottoms fuller. It felt like I was the one pregnant instead. Things got worse during my sis’s confinement. My mum and I stayed at her house to help her with the cooking of confinement food and turned out I was the one eating most of the sesame oil chicken, chicken cooked with chicken essence, fish with ginger, pig trotters in dark vinegar and the list goes on. You know how nutritive those food are and they all went into my stomach! Holy cow!
But then on, I did some exercise such as morning walk and my weight dropped a bit. Stress definitely helped to control my weight, if not I’m pretty sure that I would have become fatter during practicum since I spent most time sitting in front of the computer doing work.
To cut the long story short, after a long semester, I checked my weight the other day at my sister’s house and I broke new record! My weight went up again! Not that I can’t tell it myself but I was shocked to see those figures! It was like “No, I will never be this fat one la” to “Oh oh, I got to do something before this becomes fixed!”
So, there you have it, story of my weight. A pretty sad ending but I am confident to change the ending! After three years of exponential growth, I can safely tell you how to gain weight quickly, that is if there is anyone who is interested in knowing LOL. Well, that is to always sit in front of the laptop surf the net or do your work and rarely walks around. You will CONFIRM become fatter!
Anyway, what I want to say at the start of the post is that I am going to encourage myself starting from now, to do some daily exercise. Hopefully, before the start of the new semester, I will become lighter. Hee J


PS: Watching my diet is a bit hard lah with December being a festive season. I guess taking a small step at a time is the right way. hahahaha

No comments: