Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Random thoughts on past and present...

It's really late now but I just couldn't sleep... Maybe it was the dinner just now which made me feel very bloated or that I am thinking about something... I feel very blessed. I figure out that even though I may lack something in my life before, I soon have them replaced or given to me later. I mean, I am not trying to be a show-off or what but this has been what I observed for some time. I may lack a father but I have other people treating me even better than what my father did in the past (pa, pls don't pull my toes, I'm just stating the truth). I used to envy people and asked myself why I don't have the things which others have when I was younger but now, I appreciate those moments and could even treasure the privileges more when they are bestowed on me. Hopefully, I wish that what I have now can last forever.

So, talking about insomnia, I decided to look through my past entries of my blog and it felt warm and fuzzy when I read about my days working at RH. It was a really tough period as I think I worked like a coolie back then. But I just felt so grateful for those hard times because it was a good opportunity for me to learn to be more resilent. And I can't say that there were no happy monents. I really bonded well with my ex-colleagues. We could chat, crap, gossip and laugh. Unlike now, where building relationship with teachers is so much harder.

Not to forget, I was single back then. How my ex-colleagues were trying to matchmake me with some old and bald manager and how that guy also tried to display his interest many times in front of me until it became super irritating and disturbing (I found out he's just a player)... Reading about those moments is a pure joy because my mindset changes so much now. Back when I was single, I sounded more desperate and would note down every detail of how guys try to know me better or attract my attention at work. Being attached now and more matured, I could no longer care more about those gimmicks and would laugh at how funny and awkward these people behave.

I thought I really behave and look more matured and that no guys will ever want to try those at me but it still happened twice recently. I couldn't be more amused. First, it was a jewellery salesman who tried to impress me when he intentionally changed from speaking Mandarin to English when recommending a ring to my mum. It was funny because he sounded like a Malaysian and his English sucked. All this while my mum spoke to him in mandarin so what was with the change in language? My mum couldn't even figure out what he was talking and decided to leave soon. Before he left, he even walked us to the door and wished us merry Xmas! All the while giving me eye contact and a big smile. Erm, I'm not the one wanting to buy things from you. He should try that on my mum instead. LOL

Then, the next incident took place at skechers at nex when mum n I went to shop for her shoes. The saleman was a ITE student probably younger than me and looked like he was working part-time because his uniform was different from others. He was so chatty and at first tried attracting my attention by asking what shoes I was interested in when the customer was my mum. Finally, probably realising that I was ignoring him, he began to serve my mum really well, being super attentive and helpful. It even reached a point both of them were talking about personal stuff (preference and holiday destination that they have been to)and he just squatted in front of my mum's feet and helping her try on her shoes. Eww! Each time, he purposely talked very loud and when trying to explain to my mum the benefits of the shoes, he asked me, " you you knoww engrish, can you help me tell her thissss..." CMI... If not, he will try smiling at me for no reason, talk too much to my mum which pissed me off because we spent half an hr inside the shop. Before we left, he even told my mum that the shoes were made of pig's skin so "ma lai bu ke Yi chuan (Malay cannot wear)"!!!! WTH!! What's the point?! LOL n when we left the shop, he even gave me a shy smile from the glass window when I turned to help my mum carry the bag! It was only after I complained to my mum that she told me that I was rude because the guy asked me if I was his schoolmate (a name he gave which I can't remember)and I ignored him! I didn't even hear that and honestly that was a terrible way to start a conversation. So, he expected me to say no and give him my name? Lame...


After all this crapping, I'm starting to feel a lil sleepy. Going to head to dreamland.. Good night all!

No comments: