Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekly update

Well, as my holiday is drawing to an end soon, I started to question myself what I have done so far. I am pretty dissappointed with myself for only finish reading one book! What about the remaining three in my cupboard?! I think I will have plenty of time to read when school starts as I will be observing another teacher's class most of the time.

On the other hand, this year's World Cup has brought to my attention three teams or underdogs that I begin to like. They are namely USA, Slovenia and Slovakia. For USA, I always feel that they give me an impression of a popular kid in high school, who despite being lousy in everything, chose to join every sports as he felt that he must be a part of everything in school. With that being said, I thought that USA was one of the qualifying team simply because no one dares to offend USA. But I was soooooo wrong! No I should say, their players, especially Donovan, proves me wrong! They, being an underdog, put France and England to shame! Their players showed us teamwork and preserverance! Their undeterred determination helped them scored a goal even at the 90th minute when USA was playing against Algeria. They want to be in the top 16 and they proved it to their nation unlike the all talk but no show English and French. I, who was initially not rooting for USA, ended up cheering so hard for them!

As for Slovenia and Slovakia, I have to say I have no freaking idea of where these two countries are in the first place. It was only when I googled them then I realised that they were actually European countries and neighbours to Germany, Austria, Hungary and Croatia who are the most widely-known countries. And you may be thinking what so special about them? The players are so handsome! Out of their 11-players team, almost 10 are good-looking. (Oh wait, maybe the ones that I saw are good-looking! haha) Take Slovenia for example, all players have super super SHARP nose! Their nose bridges are so high and it was so funny when two players were hit in their nose by their opponents/ball when they were playing in one match. As for Slovakia, even my mother cooed about how YANDAO the players are!

Anyway, my Cameron's pictures are still in the process of uploading! arghhhhhhhh... hope you get to see it in the next post! happy monday!

No comments: