Wednesday, March 10, 2010

FML

Yesterday was the worst day of my year so far. If you follow my blog closely, you would have known how much I hated working with group members who are inconsiderate and unreachable. After all, it's a group project and we are supposed to discuss right? I have worked with lazy people, people who chao keng but when you finished the work for them, they will slowly become very active. But this year, I mist admit that I meet one of the laziest, most CHAO KENG groupmate ever!!! One who never reply people's message, always late and like to promise stuff then then keep saying sorry when they screw up!

Well, the story started with me having to work with these two girls in my maths class for a simple group task. And suay enough, I have gotten the two that I was praying not to work with. Why? Because they are always late for class. And when I mean late, it's half hour late! Very inconsiderate and impolite right? Furthermore, one of them used to be my community work member. And she was always late for meetings, absent or better still super slow. My tutor wanted mr to collect all the reflections from my group and she turned out to be the last one to send, two weeks late! It's not like she had not done it and so she's rushing but because she lost her file so she's lazy to send me a new one. Best part? She did not inform me and totally ignored my messages!

Irony is, she is now in the same group as me for Maths class and you can imagine how embarrassed she is when she saw me. She said "sorry" thrice that day. So, the first meeting proceeded quite well. We came up with ideas for the third part of our assignment and we can say almost 50% is completed since part one and two can be found on Internet or books. The M girl, let's call her MissyS, suddenly changed you know! During the meeting, she offered to note down our discussion and being so active. At the end of meeting, the other girl MissyJ suggested that we split the work. So, I was told to do part one and she will do part two, while MissyS will type out what we discussed and send to us. That happened at the start of february and we have not received the soft copy!

Well, MissyJ was nice enough to allocate the work and SMS me to update about the details though I knew she have not done her work. At least I know she is keeping contact with me so we can always arrange for another meeting. What about MissyS? The assignment is due next Friday and while MissyJ is trying hardto contact the two of us to arrange for meeting, MissyS refused to reply. Furthermore, based on my conversation with MissyJ, she told me that she can't reach her. Smart ass did not indicate when she's free to meet too! I assume when MissyJ asked her when she free and asked for a date, she only replied saying "oh, I can't" instead of "I can't, but I'm free on ..." Totally smart!

Anyway, today we are supposed to meet and yesterday 9pm, MissyJ sent me an apologetic SMS saying that MissyS is not free and so she will meet me first to discuss. After which she will meet MissyS then. Not bad right? At least we worked out something. Then, I received a super sudden SMS from our dear MissyS asking mr to confirm with her what each of us doing. Oh, wasn't it written in the paper that is with her? Apparently she didn't care. See what she wrote in her SMS:

Hi sally, MissyS here. Just to check, for DCM,the teaching ideas part,which part are you doing? If i rmmbr correctly,mine is the intro powerpoint and jo is the number cards right? Btw has MissyJ told you,tmrw im meeting her at 10.30 then u can meet her and continue at 11.30?i got class but will join after.

Wow! Bravo isn't it? If she remembered clearly, she's only doing the intro for the ppt! If I remembered clearly, I just have to write my name on the ppt and that's it! If I remembered correctly, I already feel like slapping you last time but I forgot. But now I remembered, can I slap you now? Damn it! I'm super pissed.

Like I say, if you want to do it together with others, I'm fine. Just don't bullshit and all. It's already very late and why can't we just quickly finish it up? Luckily, I finished two parts already during my recess break. How fair! I sent MissyS a SMS, indicating how pissed I am! Do you know she said she will add me on msn before recess break so we can discuss online but she didn't. Why can't people stick to their promises? Is it so fun to make promises then said sorry afterward? I think she's used to it which is why sorry loses it's meaning to her. Well, obviously she is trying to cheat her way pass the course. MOE pays good money huh!

I feel so much better now! Just like today's rain, I can't carry the load anymore and I need to let it go! And I did. Now, they just have to finish the rest all by themselves!

God, pls give me better groupmates next time!

No comments: