Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Xmas celebration with Desmond/ Cable Car Ride

Actually it wasn't an advanced Xmas celebration. Instead it should be a postponed birthday celebration which Des promised me but due to unforeseen circumstances. So here it goes...

It was a beautiful Saturday and we have missed two weeks of movie-watching (which we always do once a week) and so Des suggested catching Tron and followed by the cable car ride which he promised me. I agreed, but I totally regretted because I forgot about my fear of height or rather, my fear of height and sea!

The day started with Des's lunch at Carls Junior. Since I already had a late breakfast, I skipped my lunch and shared a Chili Cheese Fries with him.



while waiting for the fries and burger to be sent to us...

Oh, did I mention how much I LOVE their fries! It has got to be the best fries I have ever eaten! Just look at that!!!!!!


Oh man! I shouldn't be blogging at this hour! It makes me crave for it more! I'm PMS-ing and this picture just makes it worse for me! :(
Anyway, Carls Junior has got to be the fast food restaurant with the best fries IMO! They are piping hot when served, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! Not too thick or too thin! The Americans sure know how to make their fries! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!

So after watching Tron Legacy which is a pretty fun futuristic movie, we continued with some window shopping before it was time for the cable car ride. By then, it was near dusk.


On our way to Cable Car Centre...
Feelings: Excited and anxious to take the ride

There happened to have two cruises...

"Woooooo, so high!"
Feeling: A bit nervous

So we reached and Des bought the tickets. Apparently, if you are Singaporeans, you just have to show your IC to get some discount off the original price.




Feeling: "OH NO!" Legs were slightly wobbly.
Just when I stepped into the lift, I suddenly recalled my last cable car experience. It wasn't too pretty! I was practically screaming when I took this lift up to the 15th floor and I remembered having my friends laughing and calming me down.
This time round, it wasn't easy too. As the lift went up, the view just got bigger and higher! I was clinging to the lift handle and contemplating not taking the cable car at all!



Feeling: Shit! What did I get myself into!



We even caught the sun setting during the lift ride!

The funny thing was, after coming out from the lift when we reached the 15th floor, I thought it would be safer for me to use the restroom before heading to the cable car. You know, it wouldn't be right to feel urgent inside a cable car! So, we looked around to find no restroom!!!!!!

I HAD TO TAKE THE LIFT DOWN TO 1ST FLOOR AGAIN!
Can you imagine!
It's like me being hit in the face twice!

After that, I bucked up my courage and took the long and torturous ride which I will never ever forget...





Haolian!


I was scared!




Feeling: Oh man! It's the sea below me! I don't dare to lean back! Why is the wind so strong?!?! Is the cable strong??????? OH GOD, OH GOD!!!!!!!!

I was saying whatever prayers I can think of. Honestly, I would have feel much better if it was night time where I couldn't see the sea below me. It was a horrible ride with every possible negative thoughts that I could think of.
"What happens if the cable fall?"
"No one can find my body in the sea!!!"

And I was yelling to Des not to move too much! Every slightest move, the cable car will rock a little. During my ride to Mount Faber, I saw a cable car that was tilted to one side because the guy seated on that particular side was so fat that the tilt was very obvious!







Get what I mean? You fall or drop, GONE CASE!










When we reached Sentosa, we decided to explore the island for a bit. Of course, it was just my excuse of getting off the cable car and regained my lost courage! LOL

Saw Mr Lion Fish


We walked quite a bit and saw RWS...

Me with a Xmas Tree made of recycled bottles! Cool stuff!
There was a crowd no matter where we went and it mainly consisted of tourists! Tourists from China, Indonesia...




Just when we decided to turn back, I saw a dazzling star! Oh, it was a huge Xmas tree and a very pretty one indeed!

In blue, my favourite colour!






Bought a cute bear keychain at one of the souvenir shop before taking the cable car ride back to Harbourfront








On our drive home, I even saw some real "Xmas trees" along the expressway!

I think it is clear for me: NEVER EVER TAKE CABLE CAR AGAIN!

But I may have to break this promise since I'm going HK and there's the famous ngong ping 360!

No comments: