Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weird……….

My mum has this friend who loves to call her and chit-chat. This person is like her confidante, something whom she can share what happen in her daily life. Though I like the fact that she kept my mum company in the day, I can't help but find her weird at times. W.E.I.R.D

This is what happened the other day over our phone conversation.

Ring ringgggggggg……

I walked over to the phone as mum was busy chatting with our neighbour, Mrs Lee.

Me: "Hello?"

Aunty W: "HELLO! Your MAMA lei, not at home ah!"

When I used CAPS, I meant the tone of her voice, a bit snappy.

Me: "Arh, aunty ah, she's talking to my neighbour."

Aunty W: "AH OK!"

Me: "I asked her to call you back ok?"

Mum teaches us to be polite, even to the weirdest person on the Earth.

Aunty W: "NO NEED NO NEED!"

And then, she hung up.

Still recovering from my shock, Aunty W called again.

Me: "Eh hello aunty."

Aunty W: "No, 不是不是. You don't tell your mother I called ah! I want to take a nap. I will call her back in the afternoon. You don't tell her I call ah. BYE!"

Why can't I tell my mum you called and don't call you back because you will call her in the afternoon? Why must I bluff that you never call when we have caller ID. WAHAHAHAHAHA this is so funny………

No comments: