Saturday, April 17, 2010

My English Writing Lesson :)

Many weeks ago, I had an English assignment where I had to create a few samples of Primary 1 beginners’ writing. The assignment required me to first teach a lesson on English writing (personal recount or narrative) and then I will show some examples of teacher’s writing. I had to keep in mind that some of these P1 students may not know how to write a proper piece of writing. Thus, at the end of the assignment, I had to create three writing samples of students with different abilities: high ability, middle ability and low ability. I got the help from Des who had very convincingly written out the students’ handwritings for me! Hahahaha.. See if you agree!

For this one, it’s the teacher’s writing. The teacher will write down a draft to show them what is required when writing a personal recount. Like my drawings?

Then, students in their groups will take turn to write. Each one will contribute one sentence to their work. I had to write in 5 different children's handwritings! So difficult!

It's the students' turn to write out their individual work, or rather des's turn! haha

Student 1 (Higher ability): Thomas Lim. The tortoise can walk like a dog hor! haha

Student 2 (Middle ability): David Ho

Student 3 (Low ability): Mike Chua
I have to re-emphasise that des was the one who did the last three writings and drawings! Thanks to him my work became easier!


No comments: