Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My work






"I'm Sally and I'm a Medical Technologist"



*Only Shuhui noe where this pic is taken at....hahahahahaha




Well, I started work. One word to say after 3 days of work, and that is tiring! Maybe I still not used to it but practically I have been standing and walking almost 6hrs out of the 8hrs of work everyday! Yeah, I'm being grumpy. But so far, I feel that when you worked, time flies man! And when you think of teh money you will get at the end of the month, it will make me shut up.


Ok, so the past two days have been very busy yet fulfilling. This is because I'm starting to learn new things from hematology section and yet doing some stuff that is similar to what I did at the biochem section during my SIP. Mainly it is the maintenance and runnning of some samples using an analyser which operates almost the same like the one at Biochem.


What exactly is my daily job scope? I tell u, u surely laugh one! Cos I got the same fate as Shu Hui!!!!!!! Shu Hui!!!!!! Why am I taking over ur task during SIP!!!! ARGHHHH!!! I so hygienic one yet I have to deal with S.H.I.T!!!!!! Worst of all, Mr Wong, my assistant lab manager still tell Louisa, my supervisor at hematology, that I will be the proj leader of this stupid Occult Blood (OB) machine! AS IF I WAN TO BE A PROJ LEADER LOR!


For some of you, you dun understand what I'm talking rite? Let me tell u! You noe in my hospital, we used to test for OB, blood in the stool, by doing a manual test where patients will collect their own stool and put a bit onto a card (stool card). Then they will send up to the lab and we will process them in the fumehood.. Shu hui used to hate this test so much cos sometimes the patients nv send a stool card, instead they sent a container of shit up and she had to spread them onto the cards. Very gross rite?


So now instead of doing a manual test, some smart genius invented a machine tat works exactly like those normal chemistry analyser. You just have to collect the sample in a cassette and load them into a tray and the machine will start processing. It is good in the sense that you will not be in contact with shit la. But now the prob is my lab started on some proj with some organisation and they sent in 500-1000 samples in every day! So as a "proj leader", every morning when I come in, I had to do maintenance, change this change that, refill this and that, and the bottles are those 5 litre one and so I have to walked all the way to the back to fill them with water and then walked back. When I need to pour out the waste water, I do the same thing again.


The funny thing is this analyser is located rite in front of Mr Wong's office, so I am lunder 8 hrs of survillence. Ok la, I shall not be so bad.. Actually today Mr Wong is still quiet nice to me.. I think he is impressed with me being able to operate the analyser after just 1 day of training. Reason? Cos I'm smart! hehe... But he can be rather contradicting at times, for example, today he told me to help the hematology ppl if theyare v busy. Which means if I'm supposed to go off at 6pm, I may have to stay till 7 to help them and he will give me time off for the extra hour I worked. to me, I rather go home at 6pm. But around 5 plus, he walked towards me again and he told me that I should go hm at 6pm cos there are sufficient staff around. He said :"If you see there are alot of ppl ard, you go back, if not the supervisor sees you stay she will ask u to stay everytime.." So contradicting rite! Aiyoh


But ok la, so far I picking up new stuff. Louisa says while the stool samples are being processed, I should learned blood processing. To me, no problem one la! hahaahhahaa


Ever since I started work hor, I craved for meat every meal. I had this for dinner, so yummylicious haha.........


Oily and tasty fatty streak of sam zum bak (saliva dripping)



That's all for today!

PS: To all my dearest frens, if you are working and you are feeling tired and sick of work, just tell urself that you are getting ur pay soon!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: