Sunday, January 16, 2011

HongKong 2010 Day 5

Day 5 was a relaxed day as it was the last day of the trip and also the year 2010 and we could not wait to go home to our families.

We left the hotel at 10am and too the airport shuttle bus to Kowloon station to have our luggage checked in. Do you know that they have check-in counters at the airport express stations like Kowloon and Hong Kong? This means that we do not need to carry our luggage with us even though our flight is at 8pm. We can check in our luggage and still go shopping!

Self explanatory!

There's a shopping mall right above the station! HK is a crazy city! The MTR is always linked to some shopping centre somehow!

This place is quite new and posh!

some atas restaurant

I just wore a cardigan over my tshirt.

Took the train to Tsing Yi station.

I like the colour of this station! It reminds me of Tiffany and Co! LOL

Mos Burger for lunch! I like their crispy chicken burger with sweet sauce.


We walked around Maritime shopping centre at Tsing Yi but soon became bored. Then, we decided to MTR-hopped some more places and we moved on to Sham Tsui Pu, a place where you can find wholesale and people selling electronic. Very oldie!

A bit like Mongkok but not so bright and loud!

You can find batteries, kettles, pots, radio, hifi system, watches... Oh, and there's also some stalls selling baby and aunty clothes in wholesale. One street was selling CNY stuff! We had not even pass the new year and it already reminded us that CNY was near.

Next, we took the train to Tsim Sha Tsui since it was pretty near Hong Kong station and so we did not have to rush back to the airport later on.

Canton Rd

Where all the high-end boutiques are. We could not afford but no harm window-shopped!

The harbour looked different in the day! So serene!


Since we didn't get to go to Avenue of stars that day, we decided to pop over for a quick look.

It was an awfully sunny day! We had to pry open our eyes to watch where we were going!

Ok, this is funny! It was not supposed to be like this. I saw a vintage boat/ship and I told Des to help me take a picture of it as my background. After numerous scoldings for lousy photo-taking, des was trying to be very careful and accurate. So he asked me to stand there and pretended I was taking a normal picture. When the boat/ship passed, he quickly snapped it and it was successful!

Ok, maybe not very successful as my eyes were half closed! LOL

These two old dirty men were busy snapping pics of pretty girls who walked past! Yes, in broad daylight (pun intended). They just zoomed and snapped right in front of us. I wonder what they do with the pictures!

And we were soon tired of this place and the sun, we crossed the sea (by star ferry of cos!) to Central. The Hong Kong airport express was located there. We had some ice cream and it was time to head over to the airport.

Pushing a trolley that had no luggage! HAHAHAHA


this is terminal 2 and it's huge. Quite empty as well!

We were still too early for our flight so we went to the arcade to kill time!

Dinner time
Wanton noodle

Chicken chop rice

That's all for HK trip. Here's what I bought from HK.

stuff from the airports. Magazine, pastries and beer.

bracelets and hair accessories from H&M.

Shoes, dresses and shirt from Argyle centre, pants from espirit

Tidbits which cost me a bomb!

Souvenirs from Disneyland! I love the ear studs!

Pouches from a Japanese shop at The Excelsior. Each one cost S$20 plus! And the makeup pouch has a mirror in it!

Hair accessories for my cousins and nail polishes for mum

Oh and all the money I spent!

I think I will go back there one day! I love the city but it would have been better if I speak Canto!


No comments: