Saturday, January 8, 2011

HongKong 2010 Day 2 - Disneyland :)

Disneyland, the place where all adults relive their childhood.
A place where no one can resist everything they see (unless of cos that person has no childhood at all)...
How I wish I can stay in this fantasyland forever!

Anyway, I just can't describe my love for this place.
I think the pictures that i have taken will do a better job so read on...

Before the trip...

Gonna wear the boots I bought the day before. When tied, the boots looked a little like the meat shoes that Lady Gaga wore to the award show right?

Not an easy task to fit my huge feet into the boots

Another way of wearing them...

Wore my new top which I bought at Argyle Centre for S$16?






On the way there...


Isn't the disney-themed train adorable?








Reached Disneyland (9.30am)...


So excited!!!!

The weather was good! Maybe a little too sunny and it becomes a bit too glaring to take pictures.But pictures taken during sunny day will turn out looking nicer :)














I think I take better pictures than Des haha. He often cropped certain things out from my pictures!

Reached early yet there was a crowd forming...












All the buildings were sooooo pretty!








Thinking of what to buy lol...

The house of Duffy... Not the singer but the bear. Have you heard of them?

These are called Duffy bears! Well the story started with Mickey was going on a voyage and knowing that he will miss Minnie, Minnie made Duffy for Mickey to bring along for the trip! Supposed to be romantic!

Even the candy cane was cute!



We were lucky to reach early to witness the opening ceremony of the day at 10am! I think the family who was given the honour of cutting the ribbon was the first to reach Disneyland!


My fav castle! 




The princesses agreed that I should be Jasmine for the day and Des can be Aladdin! LOLOLOL

Spot Snow White and the seven dwarfs!


Pooh and friends!

















Everything was so nice. The colour combination, the ride and the pictures... I love POOH and FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantasy Garden which I didn't spend much time there as there was too many people queuing up to take pictures with their favourite characters.


Cinderella's Carousel


I purposely chose a horse with red roses...






All hail Princess Sally! wahahahahaha


Dumbo's flight 
(as you can tell by now, I'm just making up names for the different attractions cos I do not have the info with me LOL)

queuing with the Ah Tiongs...



Mad Hatter Tea Cups
(well, this one can't be wrong!)

I hate this! I really feel giddy after that...


Some other pics I took along the way...

Even the snack stall was beautifully decorated!

Not forgetting the trees...


Golden Mickey Show...

These people were so kiasu! When the doors opened, they ran like nobody's business and threw whatever bags they had onto the best seats that they can find! Good news is that most of them were not Singaporeans! LOL

Well, it's kinda funny to see the same few actors for different roles. One moment, the dude was Tarzan and the next morning, he donned a prince suit and became the beast in Beauty and the Beast. Before you know it, he turned into that Yukelele-playing Hawaiian in Lilo and Stitch! LOL


Lunchtime...

I like how organised the stalls were... Even though the food was prepared in advance, it was still pipping hot when served. Plus the service was fast!

 

Des ordered some beef noodles which was actually beef kway teow.

My seafood beancurd and wanton thick bee hoon which was not too bad! I like the beancurd thingy which tastes like the tau kee in our local yong tau foo.


It's a small world...


Even the flowers were so pretty and colourful!

Starting to get too sunny and I was afraid I might get heat stroke so I took off my winter jacket!

This is my favourite show of all time! The 3D show actually featured Donald Duck trying to retrieve Mickey's magic hat from various Disney's scenes and there were some parts where you not only thought that you can touch the characters but you can also smell cherries too! Very fun and I watched the show twice.
Oh and there was this group of Indians who were seated in front of us. Throughout the show, we can see the Indian guys being shocked by the 3D effects which simply showed that they were totally immersed in it!


Tomorrowland...

Well, we didn't spend much time here cos the decorations were too sci-fi! I prefer pastel colours and princessy or cute stuff like Fantasyland. Nevertheless, we got to try out the Space Mountain roller coaster ride which was the highlight of Tomorrowland!

WE TOTALLY REGRETTED TAKING THE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!
It was sooooooo scary! It made us feel claustrophobic as the whole ride was held indoor where we can only see sparkles and nothing else. I lost my equilibrium and couldn't differentiate if we were falling down vertically or just moving horizontally! I just kept screaming my lungs out and holding tightly to Des's arm! 
It was so bad that I felt nauseous during the ride and had to shut my eyes to curb the feeling of vomitting!
Of cos, I just do not want to be the embarrassing one to vomit in the car and then have all the vomit splashed onto myself when the car falls vertically! LOL
Anyway, the funny thing was that after the ride, I was in desperate rush to get out of the place as I felt very stuffy and so I called out to Des to support me out. Then when I heard no reply from him, I turned to him and guess what I saw!

Dear Des looked like he just passed out!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL! 
Apparently, he was so traumatized by the ride that he couldn't stand properly and was feeling lousy! I had to hold my vomit and support him out instead! Funny right!

Imagine two adults holding on to one another with faces as black as charcoal and walking to the nearest bench to rest! hahahhaah

Luckily, we found a cure by buying coke from the nearest starliner diner and trying to burp as many times as we can! It really works!



Let It Snow Parade

so niceeeeeeeeee

Biggest Mickey I have ever seen...

Here comes Chip and Dale...

Snow White and the dwarfs were there too...

Cinderella waved from the other side...

Alice was there...
Nemo! And it was snowing artificially as you can tell from the "snow" on the guy's hair...

Toy Story!

These soldiers were so cute!

 
My favourite character in the show!

Not forgetting Mickey and friends...

Goofy was laughing at me for trying so hard to take his picture!



At dusk...

a different look of the castle

this year's Xmas deco! All about candy...



Adventureland...


Lion King show


Tarzan's Treehouse

Although the pic turned out to be blurry cos of my lousy camera, some of the lights were captured in the shape of hearts!


Disneyland became different at night. Everything was lighted up and it gave a romantic feel. No matter how tired I was, I insisted on staying till the fireworks display at 9pm because everything became slow mo. There was no rush to queue up for rides. We can just find a spot to sit and rest and observe the people around us. Believe it or not, most of the people I saw were smiling. See! The power of Disneyland cannot be underestimated!



Fireworks Display



Time to say goodbye...

A very happy me

 Here's my supper! Yoshinoya Sumo Beef Bowl which I shared with Des. I'm not sure how they pack the rice here in Singapore but I was amazed when I saw that they separate the beef from the rice so that the rice won't soak up all the gravy and left the beef dry.

and this is the souvenir which Des bought for me!

PS: No matter how people criticised and compared HK Disneyland with the rest, I was glad that at least I can fulfill my dream of visiting this Disneyland before I turn too old for the rest. Disneyland Tokyo and Anaheim must wait till I earn enough!

No comments: