Thursday, July 15, 2010

Busy busy busy

Lesson planning is my top priority nowadays. I have to do one detailed one everyday and by right, this should start next week (week 3) instead of now! My CTs has been very nice to let me take over some of her lessons so that I can practise early for my final observation. The kids are great and lessons are interesting enough but yesterday I did meet some setbacks.

My first detailed lesson took too long to complete and I had to use an additional 30min. My CTs said that the beginning part was interesting and fun but when I reached the end, pupils did get a bit bored. It was probably that I was scared that they did not understand the concept of fractions well so I kept asking them to come out to the board to do some questions. Nevertheless, I have to thank her for her encouraging feedback because it will help me in my subsequent lessons.

Then, I had a nasty encounter with the printing lady. As you know, every school has a printing room. After printing out a copy of my ideal worksheets (two pages), I went to the printing room, hoping that the aunty can help me print 33 copies. My instructions were to print on single sides NOT double sides as I have other uses for the blank pages. Firstly, I think it was my fault for asking her to print cos she was in charge of printing stuff for entire level not a single class. But I approached her cos I thought the room has a machine or device that can print and staple all 33 copies for me. Can save a lot of time. So I asked her nicely to help.

This aunty just took my paper and walked to the photocopier machine saying, "I print double sides ah. Can save paper." As you can see, that was not what I want. So I told her to print single side for me.

She: Why leh, can save paper you know. If you print double sides, can save 33 pieces of paper. (proceed to print)

Me: No, I want single side and I got other... (cut off by her)

She: 33 pages right?

Me (since she insisted): Ok lor, double sides. what time can I collect?

She (smiling but saracstically): since you want double sides, then why you don't print yourself leh? you already collected the A4 paper from me, why you don't print lei?

Me: Erm, no cos initially i want to print single sides cos I got uses for the blank pages

She: Orh, you want them do corrections there huh, if you want you say, i give you what you want lor.. you say la

Me (being quite pissed by her rudeness and wanting to change my initial lesson plan): Let me think first den I get back to you.

She: Ok, you go outside and think first then you tell me what you want lor

Then she proceeded to bad-mouth about me loudly with another printing lady while I can hear her.

So, I decided that since I'm going to print double pages and have my own paper, I shall do this by myself. I walked back to the room.

Me: Aunty, no need le. I will print myself.

She (probably scared i complain, pulled me back to her room): why lei, 你什么意思?what you want? you want i print for you. nevermind.

Me: Aunty, I have uses for the double pages one. I need the pages for kids to do work. so i thought you guys got stapler machine can staple for me what. If i want to print double pages, i wun come and ask you to do le.

She, feeling a bit embarrassed and probably scared that I will complain, smiled and said: Orhhh, you need to use the blank pages la. ok ok

People like her are just plain lazy. Lazy to work and you cannot talk more than 2 sentences or they will die. So, she being kaygui, does everything in her own way and don't follow instructions. I will complain to my supervisor one!

No comments: