Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hong Kong/ Macau Jan 2012 (Day 3)

Day 3 is all about shopping.

Checked the weather report and it was reported that the day will be exceptionally cold. My initial plan was to go Lantau Island but since the place was rather open and that we will be taking a cable car up the mountain, I decided to change my plan. Instead, we were going to shop at a few places. More indoor places to hide from the cold.

First stop: Sham Tsui Po
It is an old neighbourhood where you can find flea markets and fabric wholesale shops.

Dressed warmly (a right choice)...

Markets

Mum bought a nail clipper LOL

It may not look like but it was very very very cold. So windy and with every wind blown in our direction, we were shivering!

Happily wandering...

Some Ma Lai Cake bought from a vendor


Second stop: Kwai Fong
Kwai Fong has three shopping malls. There is a shopping mall (Grand Seasons) that is more modern and another which looks abit like People's Park Complex (Kwai Chung Plaza) where you can find many smaller shops selling clothes and accessories. Just like City Plaza. I spent quite a long time in the hair accessories shop. Too bad it's winter or I would have bought more clothes.


Still cold

Resting at a bakery at Grand Seasons before we crossed over to Kwai Chung Plaza for lunch and more shopping.

Had lunch at a small eatery and this is what I ordered: Braised spare ribs bee hoon soup which tasted a bit like Pig Trotter in Vinegar

Des's curry pork chop rice

The other two that my mum and the auntie ordered

Show you what I got from there...
Mini Mahjong set des bought

Bumpits and hair donut


Some tops...

Still many more but I didn't take their pictures...

We went back to our hotel for a rest before shopping at Tsim Sha Tsui in the late afternoon.

Brought them to SOGO...

Their Art Science Museum I think

Was craving for Jap food...


The gorgeous Peninsula Hotel

Freezing colddddd....

Took a cab back to the hotel before Des and I went out to Mongkok again.


No comments: