Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sadness

So, yesterday marked the end of my Teaching Assistantship at KWS and it was also a day of celebration of our country's birthday. Everyone was dressed in red and all trainees were super happy because it just means that we do not need to do anymore lesson plans! For me, I was grateful to have a bunch of lovely kids but disappointed that my CT was a lousy one. I felt like I was freeloaded when I talked to the other trainees and listened to how their CTs had helped them do this do that. As for me, I was the one who helped her do this do that and yet she didn't even set a good example to the pupils.

For eg, first impression makes difference. How you treat me, the pupils will take into account. I still remember the first day of school, I was asked to stand at the back of the class while the rest of the pupils greeted me from there. Not very polite, don't you think? After that, I was not being greeted at all in subsequent lessons as I was asked to slowly walked to the back of the classroom. Whereas when I was in the P4 class, the treatment was totally different.

Even up to the last day of school, I was so stressed out by the amount of work she gave me. Reliefing her lessons, do two compositions and having to mark them, create a fraction test, and more. It even sadder when she did not even teach her class to thank me for my effort by making a card or something for me (where even my Mother Tongue trainee friends have received something from the pupils because their CT reminded the class about our last day of work). She only let them know on Thursday where I brought sweets for them.

Instead of telling the class to thank me for planning wonderful lessons for them, she said, "Once you are ready, sit up straight and Miss Wong has something to tell you." What do I have to say? I felt so degraded cos in the end I still have to find words to thank them for giving me the opportunity to teach them blah blah blah and then gave them sweets. Luckily, the children thanked me for those sweets. I can't blame the children but it's the 大人不会做人.

I'm super grateful for the sweet lil girl who gave me a pack of gummies later on and told me that she wanted to thank me. I sat in silence in the staff room, rushing my marking tasks while my friends were telling me how cute their students were to make silly cards, give them red pens, I felt like a total loser who was not appreciated.

Nevertheless, I learnt from such mistakes and I promise that if I ever have my form class next year, I shall not repeat them again.

PS: MY CT IS A WEIRDO WHO DOES NOT LIKE TO BE COMPARED WITH ME.

No comments: