Monday, August 31, 2009

That bloody dog!

It's been bothering me for many days and I have countless sleepless nights due to this. Whose the cause of all these problems? It's none other that a bloody dog! Well it all started like this...

For the past 1 or 2 weeks (or maybe even longer, since I couldn't remember), my mum's and my sleep have been disturbed by this dog who will start barking as early as 6 am everyday. Since we are sleeping in the master bedroom which has an open window where the sound comes from, we find it really hard to sleep after hearing that. We tried closing the window, but the muffled sound can still be heard. Best part of it? The barking comes as a rhythm. "Woof Woof, Woof Woof, Woof Woof, Woof Woof, Woof Woof!" Ten "woofs" before the dog stopped for a break or a grasp of air before the whole thing starts again.

So for the past few nights before we slept, my mum and I had beeen discussing about this problem. We were thinking what causes the dog to start barking non-stop, and who is the culprit.

Suggestion 1 (Me): A stray dog who stays at the construction compound at the back of our house. Since that is where the sound comes from.

Contradiction (Mum): Stray dog does not bark. They are too smart to bark.

Suggestion 2 (Mum): directly translated from what she said "Must be that Bui Char Boh from storey 7! Her dog like cannot control one! Must be she left for work early in the morning and the dog Ki Siao kana locked and barked non-stop!"

Since what she said makes more sense, we came to this conclusion that it must be that fat ugly jack russell from storey 7. There was once when I took the lift with the aunty and her dog. The minute the door closed, the dog went into a panic spasm, frantically whimpered and hit it's body against the lift door! It was definitely a traumatized moment for me because that whimpering was too much and honestly, I have only heard of human having a phobia of taking lift but not a dog! The aunty even apologised to us, whose sharing the lift, giggling,"我的狗害怕坐电梯."

Anyway, while I am typing this, I have to endure the barking coming from that dog since 6am and now, it's already 11.30am!

No comments: