Tuesday, August 4, 2009

MILE HI CLUB

Recently, I was preoccupied with this book that my sis passed to me. It's called "The Mile Hi Club" written by Janet Chew who used to be an air-stewardess. I have never been really engrossed in reading any book lately due to the hectic schedule and you know, the lack of patience and determination in finishing a book the minute I realised how long I took to finish even one chapter of it. Thus, I have a couple of incomplete stories laying in my cupboard, wishing that one day, I can just lent them a listening ear or rather "eye". Hahas.

Once I got hold of the book, I just went straight into action. Who cares about playing my PC game now? That can wait. Nothing can stop me and my book. This book is simply irresistable because it is a memoir of a stewardess and it basically shares anything a girl want to know about the flying job. Some of you may know that I once had thoughts about joining our local airline industry hoping to become a Singapore girl. But lucky me, I decide to choose teaching after having second thoughts about being constantly away from my family. I am too homely for this job!

Despite all that, I must say I still have that huge curiousity of what it's like being a stewardess. What kind of lifestyle is they leading? How much they earn? What is it like to work with so many beautiful people? Are they all materialistic? The most curious question is: Is it true that some hotels are haunted?

Well, this book answers all! Best of all, this book is too informative. The author even shares with readers on scandalous sex that took place 35000feets up there! HAHAHAHAHHA...

Oh and do you know what happen when a person die on flight? Where do they store the body before landing? You got to read it!

So don't hesitate! I truly enjoy reading every page and story and you will too!


I sound like a saleman but I feel that this is an enjoyable read and I finished the book in less than 3 days!

No comments: