Tuesday, April 7, 2009

BOYS BOYS

My week started real badly... i went into my form class, feeling all excited and ready for class, only to realise a bunch of them playing soccer at the back of the class... i thought P4 boys are not matured yet and there shouldnt be too much difference between them and the interesting grp of P3 students i taught last week..

BUT ...

I am so wrong...

One of the key figures in this new class which i would like to share with u.

  • PW: a boy that is very very big for his age. when i say big, i am refering to his size not his height.. he always wear pe t shirt in class and given his size, his t shirt seems to be bursting anytime...i felt quite intimidated when i saw him the first time, he was sitting in front of the class, big and SUPER LOUD.. the volume he used for speaking is almost the same as shouting... maybe he has a big diaphragm too because he can talk continuously for 3 periods and not stopping for breaks.. everytime i saw him talking, i have to personally walk over to his side, pull him back to his seat.. u can imagine how much courage i take to do that.. i am afraid of him punching me back.. but turned up, a big boy like him has small guts.. when u threaten to call his parents, he will pull a long face, and cover his ears.. very childish rite.. ya, u will say this is expected from young boys.. but i can assure u, what he did, does not suit his image.. the irony? though big size and quite rugged, he has a chinese name that sounds like a gal! i will shiver everytime when i call his name because it realli does not suit him...

So this is what happened in class today... He has this habit of removing his shoes in class. he will walk around the class with no shoes and his socks will get all dirty... Having warned him many times not to do it, he came into class after his CCA, removing his shoes rite in front of me.. being very very pissed with his behaviour, i decided to sabo him back (pls, i dun do it on purpose, can u imagine how angry i am when he keeps disturbing my class by walking all ard and not listening to what i have to say).

Dialogue between PW and I

PW (VERY LOUDLY): ERM MS WONG AH, U SEE! I AM NOT IN MY SHOES! WAHAHAAHAHAHHA

me: can u pls sit down and stop talking while i am talking?

PW: OK! BUT I NV TALK WHAT!

me: yes i know, but ur voice is very loud... i cant hear my own voice when i am talking.. so pls cooperate..btw, i want u to wear ur shoes..

PW: HUH... MY SHOES' DIRTY LEH!

me: den wear ur rugby shoes!

PW: DUN WAN LA.. LIKE THIS MORE COMFORTABLE.. I DUN LIKE TO WEAR SHOES!!

me: can u lower ur volume ur u talk... u noe what u reminds me of? AH PEKS! those ah peks who always drink coffee at the coffee shops, removing their slippers and dig their toes.. The only step that stops u from becoming a full ah pek is u haven start to dig ur toes..

whole class started laughing...

feeling embarassed, he wore his shoes and sulked at the corner of the class!

FUNNY RITE! see, teaching can be very interesting.. u get to meet many kinds of students.. the lazy ones, the chirpy ones... and today i am v happy because i followed my teaching plan and managed to complete what i need to teach within my meagre two hours.. cheers for myself!

i am sooooooooooooooooo looking to my long weekends.........

No comments: